Aiono Matthew Aileone
Deputy chief executive, policy, research and evaluation, languages and housing
- Appointed October 2018.
- Previously policy and advocacy manager at the Master Builders Association
- Spent 15 years as a NZ diplomat, trade negotiator, policy officer and legal advisor at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
- Holds a BA and LLB from Canterbury University and an MBA (first class Hons) from Massey University, and was admitted to the bar in 2004.
- Born and raised in Christchurch with parents from Fasito’o uta, Samoa
- Chiefly title of Aiono from Fasito’o uta.
CareerNew Zealand High Commission
Connected People More Connections
Connected Entities More Connections
Discover the public sector and its key players
Discover the investigation
NZ is one of the least efficient high-income countries at delivering infrastructure – just look at light rail.
Ashley Bloomfield is stepping down as the omicron outbreak starts to fade and ahead of major health system reform implementation.
The government doesn't have the in-house capacity for a reform programme as big as three waters.
The Ministry for Primary Industries is making 1,000 fewer annual inspections, but GPS tracking makes them more targeted.
Meet the man trailing the money on the country's largest fraud cases.
The number of people going through MIQ dropped by 30% in 2021 as a series of decisions reduced capacity.