- Previously worked in academia specialising in commercial and investment arbitration, property law and international economic regulation, 2005-2020.
- Before that practised commercial law in Auckland and Sydney, 1997-2004.
- Co-author of Williams & Kawharu on Arbitration and has published widely on arbitration law.
- Barrister of the High Court of NZ and fellow of the Arbitrators’ and Mediators’ Institute of NZ.
- Has a BA/LLB (Hons) from Auckland University and an LLM from the University of Cambridge.
- Of Ngāti Whātua and Ngāpuhi descent.
CareerThe University of Auckland
Connected People More Connections
Connected Entities More Connections
Discover the public sector and its key players
Discover the investigation
NZ is one of the least efficient high-income countries at delivering infrastructure – just look at light rail.
Ashley Bloomfield is stepping down as the omicron outbreak starts to fade and ahead of major health system reform implementation.
The government doesn't have the in-house capacity for a reform programme as big as three waters.
The Ministry for Primary Industries is making 1,000 fewer annual inspections, but GPS tracking makes them more targeted.
Meet the man trailing the money on the country's largest fraud cases.
The number of people going through MIQ dropped by 30% in 2021 as a series of decisions reduced capacity.