Chief medical officer
- On secondment from Counties Manukau DHB from February 2021.
- General and colorectal surgeon at Counties Manukau DHB, continuing the clinical role at CMDHB during secondment.
- Formerly chair of the Medical Council of NZ, and recently deputy commissioner at Waikato DHB and crown monitor at Southern DHB.
- Remains as clinical adviser to both boards.
- Has served on national committees and boards, and sits on the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons Indigenous Health Committee.
CareerCounties Manukau DHB
Connected People More Connections
Connected Entities More Connections
Discover the public sector and its key players
Discover the investigation
NZ is one of the least efficient high-income countries at delivering infrastructure – just look at light rail.
Ashley Bloomfield is stepping down as the omicron outbreak starts to fade and ahead of major health system reform implementation.
The government doesn't have the in-house capacity for a reform programme as big as three waters.
The Ministry for Primary Industries is making 1,000 fewer annual inspections, but GPS tracking makes them more targeted.
Meet the man trailing the money on the country's largest fraud cases.
The number of people going through MIQ dropped by 30% in 2021 as a series of decisions reduced capacity.