Deputy secretary, climate policy, and partnerships and customers
- Joined MfE from the Primary Industry Training Organisation.
- Focuses on changing mindsets and behaviours through engagement in the public and private sectors, and on growing workforce capability in the primary industries.
- Previously pioneered Fonterra's Māori strategy and the strategic development of Fonterra's relationships with Māori.
- Has held policy roles at the Ministry of Economic Development, Te Puni Kōkiri and worked for the Secretariat of the Pacific Community in New Caledonia and the Union of British Columbia Indian Chiefs in Canada.
- Of Te Arawa and Ngāti Kahungunu ki Wairarapa descent.
CareerMinistry of Economic Development
Connected People More Connections
Connected Entities More Connections
Discover the public sector and its key players
Discover the investigation
NZ is one of the least efficient high-income countries at delivering infrastructure – just look at light rail.
Ashley Bloomfield is stepping down as the omicron outbreak starts to fade and ahead of major health system reform implementation.
The government doesn't have the in-house capacity for a reform programme as big as three waters.
The Ministry for Primary Industries is making 1,000 fewer annual inspections, but GPS tracking makes them more targeted.
Meet the man trailing the money on the country's largest fraud cases.
The number of people going through MIQ dropped by 30% in 2021 as a series of decisions reduced capacity.