- Appointed October 2018.
- Joined the board in May 2018.
- Also chair of NZME, director of Fletcher Building, and deputy-chair of The NZ Initiative, chair of the APEC CEO Summit Committee, co-chair of the APEC business leadership group and CE and MD of ASB Bank for seven years.
- Former chair of Oxfam NZ, and a previous chair of the NZ Equal Opportunities Trust.
- Named NZ Herald's Business Leader of the Year in 2017 and inaugural INFINZ Diversity and Inclusion Leader in 2018.
- Awarded a Companion of the NZ Order of Merit in 2019.
CareerThe New Zealand Initiative
Connected People More Connections
Connected Entities More Connections
Discover the public sector and its key players
Discover the investigation
NZ is one of the least efficient high-income countries at delivering infrastructure – just look at light rail.
Ashley Bloomfield is stepping down as the omicron outbreak starts to fade and ahead of major health system reform implementation.
The government doesn't have the in-house capacity for a reform programme as big as three waters.
The Ministry for Primary Industries is making 1,000 fewer annual inspections, but GPS tracking makes them more targeted.
Meet the man trailing the money on the country's largest fraud cases.
The number of people going through MIQ dropped by 30% in 2021 as a series of decisions reduced capacity.