Chief executive and secretary to the Treasury
- Appointed September 2019.
- Previously managing director at Technical and Further Education, New South Wales, Australia.
- Led transformation of TAFE NSW to a more modern, competitive and sustainable organisation.
- From 2008-2018, held several deputy secretary roles at the NSW Treasury.
- Led the development of state budgets, and as deputy secretary for the fiscal and economic group advised the Treasurer.
- Earlier worked at the World Bank in Washington DC, the International Red Cross and the Boston Consulting Group.
CareerInternational Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies
Connected People More Connections
Connected Entities More Connections
Discover the public sector and its key players
Discover the investigation
NZ is one of the least efficient high-income countries at delivering infrastructure – just look at light rail.
Ashley Bloomfield is stepping down as the omicron outbreak starts to fade and ahead of major health system reform implementation.
The government doesn't have the in-house capacity for a reform programme as big as three waters.
The Ministry for Primary Industries is making 1,000 fewer annual inspections, but GPS tracking makes them more targeted.
Meet the man trailing the money on the country's largest fraud cases.
The number of people going through MIQ dropped by 30% in 2021 as a series of decisions reduced capacity.