Deputy secretary, multilateral and legal affairs
- Appointed to current role in January 2020.
- Career diplomat who joined MFAT in 1986.
- Previously roles included head of the North Asia Division, permanent representative to the UN in Vienna, director of the consular division, three years in Beijing, and co-ordinator of the inter-agency China strategy.
- Was deputy director of the North Asia division from 2002-2004, served at the NZ permanent mission to the UN in Geneva, the ILO and WHO, and Vanuatu in 1993-95.
- Graduate in economics and political science from Canterbury University.
CareerNZ Embassy Beijing
Connected People More Connections
Connected Entities More Connections
Discover the public sector and its key players
Discover the investigation
NZ is one of the least efficient high-income countries at delivering infrastructure – just look at light rail.
Ashley Bloomfield is stepping down as the omicron outbreak starts to fade and ahead of major health system reform implementation.
The government doesn't have the in-house capacity for a reform programme as big as three waters.
The Ministry for Primary Industries is making 1,000 fewer annual inspections, but GPS tracking makes them more targeted.
Meet the man trailing the money on the country's largest fraud cases.
The number of people going through MIQ dropped by 30% in 2021 as a series of decisions reduced capacity.