Chief executive and national director of cancer control
- Public health physician, cancer epidemiologist and health services researcher.
- Previously head of the Department of Public Health, and was director of the cancer and chronic conditions research group at University of Otago, Wellington.
- Has led a large body of research on disparities in cancer outcomes.
- A member of numerous international committees, and led a Lancet oncology series on cancer in small island developing states.
- Former member of many national groups, programmes and committees.
- Qualifications include MBChB, MPH, PhD, and FNZCPHM.
CareerUniversity of Otago
Connected People More Connections
Discover the public sector and its key players
Discover the investigation
NZ is one of the least efficient high-income countries at delivering infrastructure – just look at light rail.
Ashley Bloomfield is stepping down as the omicron outbreak starts to fade and ahead of major health system reform implementation.
The government doesn't have the in-house capacity for a reform programme as big as three waters.
The Ministry for Primary Industries is making 1,000 fewer annual inspections, but GPS tracking makes them more targeted.
Meet the man trailing the money on the country's largest fraud cases.
The number of people going through MIQ dropped by 30% in 2021 as a series of decisions reduced capacity.