- Former cabinet minister, MP for Wellington Central, Mayor of Wellington, and chair of the Greater Wellington Regional Council.
- Was chief Crown negotiator for Treaty of Waitangi claims and chair of the NZ International Arts Festival.
- Named a Dame of the NZ Order of Merit (DNZM) in 2017 and awarded a QSO in 1995.
- Politics graduate from Victoria University, later named an honorary Doctor of Laws.
- Chartered fellow of the NZ Institute of Directors.
Connected People More Connections
Connected Entities More Connections
Discover the public sector and its key players
Discover the investigation
NZ is one of the least efficient high-income countries at delivering infrastructure – just look at light rail.
Ashley Bloomfield is stepping down as the omicron outbreak starts to fade and ahead of major health system reform implementation.
The government doesn't have the in-house capacity for a reform programme as big as three waters.
The Ministry for Primary Industries is making 1,000 fewer annual inspections, but GPS tracking makes them more targeted.
Meet the man trailing the money on the country's largest fraud cases.
The number of people going through MIQ dropped by 30% in 2021 as a series of decisions reduced capacity.