Deputy controller and auditor general
- Appointed September 2015.
- Joined the Office of the Auditor-General in September 2004.
- Previously chief financial officer for Greater Wellington Regional Council and before that an audit director with Audit NZ.
- Member of the financial reporting standards board of the NZ Institute of Chartered Accountants for eight years.
- NZ representative on the International Public Sector Accounting Standards Board 2004-2008, and on the NZ Accounting Standards Board 2011-2015.
- Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants and has an MBS from Waikato University.
Connected People More Connections
Connected Entities More Connections
Discover the public sector and its key players
Discover the investigation
NZ is one of the least efficient high-income countries at delivering infrastructure – just look at light rail.
Ashley Bloomfield is stepping down as the omicron outbreak starts to fade and ahead of major health system reform implementation.
The government doesn't have the in-house capacity for a reform programme as big as three waters.
The Ministry for Primary Industries is making 1,000 fewer annual inspections, but GPS tracking makes them more targeted.
Meet the man trailing the money on the country's largest fraud cases.
The number of people going through MIQ dropped by 30% in 2021 as a series of decisions reduced capacity.