Hautū (deputy secretary), strategy, governance and the public sector performance
- Oversees system-wide strategies and influences needed to achieve Māori wellbeing.
- Responsible for functions including Budget strategy and ensuring Te Puni Kōkiri is positioned for strategic impact.
- Has worked at the Treasury, in the justice sector, the Ministry of Education, the Ministry of Social Development and MBIE.
- Previously deputy director-general of health and a current Crown appointee to the Capital and Coast District Health Board.
- Helped establish the Whānau Ora commissioning agencies approach.
- Holds a Bachelor of commerce and administration from Victoria University.
- Nō Ngāti Rangiwewehi me Te Rarawa.
CareerPrice Waterhouse Coopers
Connected People More Connections
Connected Entities More Connections
Discover the public sector and its key players
Discover the investigation
NZ is one of the least efficient high-income countries at delivering infrastructure – just look at light rail.
Ashley Bloomfield is stepping down as the omicron outbreak starts to fade and ahead of major health system reform implementation.
The government doesn't have the in-house capacity for a reform programme as big as three waters.
The Ministry for Primary Industries is making 1,000 fewer annual inspections, but GPS tracking makes them more targeted.
Meet the man trailing the money on the country's largest fraud cases.
The number of people going through MIQ dropped by 30% in 2021 as a series of decisions reduced capacity.