Commander Joint Forces NZ
- Assumed role in November 2018.
- Chief of defence strategy management, after overseeing NZDF maritime operations.
- Commanded combined Task Force 151 July to October 2011 ON counter-piracy in the South Red Sea, Gulf of Aden and the Somali Basin.
- Commanded task force 176 (all amphibious forces) during Exercise Rim of the Pacific.
- Has commanded HMNZS Canterbury and served as navigating officer of HMNZ Waikato.
- Various roles in NZ and overseas, including a tour in the Arabian Gulf for Operation Desert Shield (1995), tsunami relief in Samoa, and earthquake relief in NZ.
- Oversaw the introduction into service of the SH-2G(I) Seasprite helicopter.
- Career has included ship navigation, helicopter aviation, senior staff appointments, major fleet unit command, deputy maritime component commander, senior staff training, directorship of NZDF capability delivery, maritime component commander, and chief of defence strategy management
- Completed tertiary studies at the Australian Defence Force Centre for Defence and Strategic Studies.
Connected People More Connections
Connected Entities More Connections
Discover the public sector and its key players
Discover the investigation
NZ is one of the least efficient high-income countries at delivering infrastructure – just look at light rail.
Ashley Bloomfield is stepping down as the omicron outbreak starts to fade and ahead of major health system reform implementation.
The government doesn't have the in-house capacity for a reform programme as big as three waters.
The Ministry for Primary Industries is making 1,000 fewer annual inspections, but GPS tracking makes them more targeted.
Meet the man trailing the money on the country's largest fraud cases.
The number of people going through MIQ dropped by 30% in 2021 as a series of decisions reduced capacity.