Deputy commissioner, strategy and service
- Previously assistant commissioner service and before that chief information officer managing ICT services.
- Has led substantial change management in large, complex departments.
- Ran the promotion courses for sergeant and senior sergeant ranks at the Royal NZ Police College.
- Rewrote rural officers’ work terms and conditions.
- Began his career in Auckland working in front-line, communications and maritime roles before going to the far south as a rural and provincial sole charge officer.
- Joined in the police in 1996 after completing his studies in 1995.
Connected People More Connections
Connected Entities More Connections
Discover the public sector and its key players
Discover the investigation
NZ is one of the least efficient high-income countries at delivering infrastructure – just look at light rail.
Ashley Bloomfield is stepping down as the omicron outbreak starts to fade and ahead of major health system reform implementation.
The government doesn't have the in-house capacity for a reform programme as big as three waters.
The Ministry for Primary Industries is making 1,000 fewer annual inspections, but GPS tracking makes them more targeted.
Meet the man trailing the money on the country's largest fraud cases.
The number of people going through MIQ dropped by 30% in 2021 as a series of decisions reduced capacity.