Deputy commissioner (on secondment to the Ministry of Justice)
- Appointed June 2018, then seconded to the Ministry of Justice in August 2021.
- Promoted to Assistant Commissioner in June 2017.
- Helped develop and implement the joint-agency response to family violence, Whangaia Ngā Pa Harakeke, and other iwi-partnership kaupapa.
- Promoted to district commander, Counties Manukau in November 2011.
- Joined CIB in 1987 and specialised in investigations for 22 years.
- Career highlight was developing and opening the Multi Agency Centre, Te Pou Herenga Waka for child and adult victims of sexual and physical abuse.
CareerNew Zealand Police / Ngā Pirihimana o Aotearoa
Connected People More Connections
Discover the public sector and its key players
Discover the investigation
The government was about to dive into a $600m plan for a new improved MIQ but its border reopening plan has seen the project put on hold for now.
The Commerce Commission came in for a drubbing from the top tier firms that completed the NZ Initiative's survey, but the Reserve Bank improved.
Is New Zealand so fearful of offending China that we cannot voice our support for Taiwan's involvement in WHO affairs, asks former top diplomat.
Four crises have been inherited from preceding governments, but will they be addressed by changes to the health system that have been rushed and inadequately thought out?
NZ is one of the least efficient high-income countries at delivering infrastructure – just look at light rail.
Ashley Bloomfield is stepping down as the omicron outbreak starts to fade and ahead of major health system reform implementation.