Deputy director general, Māori health
- First joined the Ministry of Health in 1993.
- Acknowledged in Parliament for negotiating a $100 million Treaty of Waitangi settlement for Ngā Iwi me Ngā Hapū o Te Rohe o Te Wairoa.
- Formerly chief advisor wānanga at the Tertiary Education Commission, deputy chief executive Te Wānanga o Aotearoa, and chief operating officer Taratahi Institute of Agriculture.
- Began work at the Department of Conservation in 1989, moving to the Ministry of Education (Māori Education Group) in 1991.
- Affiliated to Ngāti Rākaipaaka, Ngāti Kahungunu and Ngāti Rongomaiwahine.
Connected People More Connections
Discover the public sector and its key players
Discover the investigation
NZ is one of the least efficient high-income countries at delivering infrastructure – just look at light rail.
Ashley Bloomfield is stepping down as the omicron outbreak starts to fade and ahead of major health system reform implementation.
The government doesn't have the in-house capacity for a reform programme as big as three waters.
The Ministry for Primary Industries is making 1,000 fewer annual inspections, but GPS tracking makes them more targeted.
Meet the man trailing the money on the country's largest fraud cases.
The number of people going through MIQ dropped by 30% in 2021 as a series of decisions reduced capacity.