- Formerly Mayor of Hamilton (2010-2016).
- Has led reviews, including the Tainui Waikato/Ruakura Board of Inquiry.
- Knowledge of regulation, financial accountability, the links between the economy and the environment, and central and local government.
- Board member and fellow of Governance NZ, and has chaired the Waikato NZSPCA, McCaw Lewis Chapman and The People's Project. Chair of Women on Boards and a member of the Ministry for the Environment’s Waste Minimisation Fund Panel.
- Holds a Bachelor’s degree in law and a Master’s in management, both with first class Honours.
- In 2016 received the Order of Te Arikinui Queen Te Atarangikaahu for services to Māori.
CareerWomen on Boards NZ
Connected People More Connections
Connected Entities More Connections
Discover the public sector and its key players
Discover the investigation
NZ is one of the least efficient high-income countries at delivering infrastructure – just look at light rail.
Ashley Bloomfield is stepping down as the omicron outbreak starts to fade and ahead of major health system reform implementation.
The government doesn't have the in-house capacity for a reform programme as big as three waters.
The Ministry for Primary Industries is making 1,000 fewer annual inspections, but GPS tracking makes them more targeted.
Meet the man trailing the money on the country's largest fraud cases.
The number of people going through MIQ dropped by 30% in 2021 as a series of decisions reduced capacity.