Deputy secretary, Americas and Asia
- Appointed March 2020.
- Previously ambassador to Mexico, ambassador for climate change, and ambassador to Japan.
- Director of the trade negotiations division and chief negotiator for the Trans-Pacific Partnership.
- Roles in human resources and organisational development included director of the office of the secretary of Foreign Affairs.
- Specialised in Asian affairs during his early career, including postings to Japan and the Solomon Islands.
- Foreign policy adviser to PM David Lange for several years.
- Graduate of the University of Auckland.
Connected People More Connections
Connected Entities More Connections
Discover the public sector and its key players
Discover the investigation
NZ is one of the least efficient high-income countries at delivering infrastructure – just look at light rail.
Ashley Bloomfield is stepping down as the omicron outbreak starts to fade and ahead of major health system reform implementation.
The government doesn't have the in-house capacity for a reform programme as big as three waters.
The Ministry for Primary Industries is making 1,000 fewer annual inspections, but GPS tracking makes them more targeted.
Meet the man trailing the money on the country's largest fraud cases.
The number of people going through MIQ dropped by 30% in 2021 as a series of decisions reduced capacity.