- Elected September 2016.
- A director of the Reserve Bank of NZ since January 2010.
- Vice-chancellor of the University of Waikato.
- Has also served as a director of NZQA since 2010, and is currently deputy chair.
- Former professor of economics at the University of Western Ontario and Victoria University, Wellington, teaching and publishing research in industrial organisation, money and finance, and economic history.
- Has a BA and MA from Canterbury University and a PhD from Toronto University.
Connected People More Connections
Connected Entities More Connections
Discover the public sector and its key players
Discover the investigation
NZ is one of the least efficient high-income countries at delivering infrastructure – just look at light rail.
Ashley Bloomfield is stepping down as the omicron outbreak starts to fade and ahead of major health system reform implementation.
The government doesn't have the in-house capacity for a reform programme as big as three waters.
The Ministry for Primary Industries is making 1,000 fewer annual inspections, but GPS tracking makes them more targeted.
Meet the man trailing the money on the country's largest fraud cases.
The number of people going through MIQ dropped by 30% in 2021 as a series of decisions reduced capacity.