Chief financial officer
- Appointed August 2017.
- Responsible for financial services and advice.
- Previously manager capital investment and performance at Chorus, responsible for the financial planning, forecasting and management of its capital programme.
- Has held senior financial roles in the UK for NHS Lambeth, a large commissioner and provider of healthcare in the UK.
- Earlier a member of the Audit NZ team.
- Holds degrees from Victoria University and is a chartered accountant.
Connected People More Connections
Discover the public sector and its key players
Discover the investigation
The government was about to dive into a $600m plan for a new improved MIQ but its border reopening plan has seen the project put on hold for now.
The Commerce Commission came in for a drubbing from the top tier firms that completed the NZ Initiative's survey, but the Reserve Bank improved.
Is New Zealand so fearful of offending China that we cannot voice our support for Taiwan's involvement in WHO affairs, asks former top diplomat.
Four crises have been inherited from preceding governments, but will they be addressed by changes to the health system that have been rushed and inadequately thought out?
NZ is one of the least efficient high-income countries at delivering infrastructure – just look at light rail.
Ashley Bloomfield is stepping down as the omicron outbreak starts to fade and ahead of major health system reform implementation.