Secretary for internal affairs
- Appointed 2018.
- Member of the public service leadership team.
- Previously the chief executive for Ministry for Culture and Heritage/Manatū Taonga from August 2015.
- Extensive experience in strategic policy development, leading change and working for the government and in communities.
- Had been deputy chief executive, policy, regulatory and ethnic affairs at Te Tari Taiwhenua/Department of Internal Affairs from 2011.
- Former director of the Office of Treaty Settlements at the Ministry of Justice.
CareerMinistry of Justice / Tāhū o te Ture
Connected People More Connections
Connected Entities More Connections
Discover the public sector and its key players
Discover the investigation
Climate change demands huge and important decisions by central government. Have we learned the right lessons from Think Big? Former energy policy adviser John Boshier's new book, Power Surge, traverses those times.
The government was about to dive into a $600m plan for a new improved MIQ but its border reopening plan has seen the project put on hold for now.
The Commerce Commission came in for a drubbing from the top tier firms that completed the NZ Initiative's survey, but the Reserve Bank improved.
Is New Zealand so fearful of offending China that we cannot voice our support for Taiwan's involvement in WHO affairs, asks former top diplomat.
Four crises have been inherited from preceding governments, but will they be addressed by changes to the health system that have been rushed and inadequately thought out?
NZ is one of the least efficient high-income countries at delivering infrastructure – just look at light rail.