Chief innovation expertise officer
- Industry background spans technology organisations including software, data, science, engineering and manufacturing. In charge of the research and technical services divisions, providing R&D, product prototyping and innovation services.
- Divisions include biotechnology, advanced manufacturing, internet-of-things and data solutions, and advanced materials.
- Also runs the commercial businesses of Callaghan Innovation, including export businesses KiwiStar Optics, GlycoSyn and the Measurement Standards Laboratory of NZ.
- Background in international business and economic development in private and public sectors.
- Previously held senior positions with MetService, Airways NZ, NZ Trade & Enterprise and Objective Corporation.
- Was NZ’s trade commissioner in Australia, Asia and the Pacific.
Connected People More Connections
Connected Entities More Connections
Discover the public sector and its key players
Discover the investigation
NZ is one of the least efficient high-income countries at delivering infrastructure – just look at light rail.
Ashley Bloomfield is stepping down as the omicron outbreak starts to fade and ahead of major health system reform implementation.
The government doesn't have the in-house capacity for a reform programme as big as three waters.
The Ministry for Primary Industries is making 1,000 fewer annual inspections, but GPS tracking makes them more targeted.
Meet the man trailing the money on the country's largest fraud cases.
The number of people going through MIQ dropped by 30% in 2021 as a series of decisions reduced capacity.