- Former cabinet minister 1999-2008.
- Governing portfolios included research, science and technology, economic development, and commerce.
- Previously chief executive of Otago Investment Limited, responsible for supporting University of Otago researchers in developing and commercialising intellectual property.
- NZ independent chair with the Australia and NZ Council for the Care of Animals in Research and Teaching.
- Has a Bachelor's in veterinary science from Massey University and a Master’s in public policy (with distinction) from Victoria University.
Connected People More Connections
Connected Entities More Connections
Discover the public sector and its key players
Discover the investigation
NZ is one of the least efficient high-income countries at delivering infrastructure – just look at light rail.
Ashley Bloomfield is stepping down as the omicron outbreak starts to fade and ahead of major health system reform implementation.
The government doesn't have the in-house capacity for a reform programme as big as three waters.
The Ministry for Primary Industries is making 1,000 fewer annual inspections, but GPS tracking makes them more targeted.
Meet the man trailing the money on the country's largest fraud cases.
The number of people going through MIQ dropped by 30% in 2021 as a series of decisions reduced capacity.