- Appointed December 2015.
- Reappointed for a second five-year term in May 2020.
- President of the US-based Association of Family and Conciliation Courts 2015-2016.
- Principal Family Court Judge of NZ 2004-2012 and a law commissioner 2012-2015.
- Served on the Family Violence Taskforce, and is patron of the White Ribbon Trust and of the Dwell Community Housing Trust.
- Long association with the Pacific Islands and holds the Samoan matai title Mita.
- Has an LLB and MLB from Victoria University and is a distinguished alumnus.
Connected People More Connections
Connected Entities More Connections
Discover the public sector and its key players
Discover the investigation
Climate change demands huge and important decisions by central government. Have we learned the right lessons from Think Big? Former energy policy adviser John Boshier's new book, Power Surge, traverses those times.
The government was about to dive into a $600m plan for a new improved MIQ but its border reopening plan has seen the project put on hold for now.
The Commerce Commission came in for a drubbing from the top tier firms that completed the NZ Initiative's survey, but the Reserve Bank improved.
Is New Zealand so fearful of offending China that we cannot voice our support for Taiwan's involvement in WHO affairs, asks former top diplomat.
Four crises have been inherited from preceding governments, but will they be addressed by changes to the health system that have been rushed and inadequately thought out?
NZ is one of the least efficient high-income countries at delivering infrastructure – just look at light rail.