R Mark Evans
Deputy chief executive, insights and deployment
- Appointed October 2020.
- Member of the Police executive since 2011.
- Previously deputy chief executive service delivery.
- Member, fellow and vice-president of trans-national and international policing and intelligence organisations.
- Emigrated from Northern Ireland in 2007.
- Holds an MBA from Manchester Business School and was awarded an OBE for services to policing.
- Visiting Professor at University College London, where he teaches countering organised crime and terrorism, and police leadership.
Connected People More Connections
Discover the public sector and its key players
Discover the investigation
NZ is one of the least efficient high-income countries at delivering infrastructure – just look at light rail.
Ashley Bloomfield is stepping down as the omicron outbreak starts to fade and ahead of major health system reform implementation.
The government doesn't have the in-house capacity for a reform programme as big as three waters.
The Ministry for Primary Industries is making 1,000 fewer annual inspections, but GPS tracking makes them more targeted.
Meet the man trailing the money on the country's largest fraud cases.
The number of people going through MIQ dropped by 30% in 2021 as a series of decisions reduced capacity.