Deputy chief executive, policy
- Appointed April 2017.
- Previously chief policy adviser to the chief executive.
- Came to MSD from the policy advisory group of the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet.
- Previously at the Treasury, working on welfare reform and other matters.
- Has worked at the State Services Commission and in the justice sector.
- Has an MA (Hons) in history from Auckland University, and has studied economics, mathematics and philosophy.
Connected People More Connections
Connected Entities More Connections
Discover the public sector and its key players
Discover the investigation
NZ is one of the least efficient high-income countries at delivering infrastructure – just look at light rail.
Ashley Bloomfield is stepping down as the omicron outbreak starts to fade and ahead of major health system reform implementation.
The government doesn't have the in-house capacity for a reform programme as big as three waters.
The Ministry for Primary Industries is making 1,000 fewer annual inspections, but GPS tracking makes them more targeted.
Meet the man trailing the money on the country's largest fraud cases.
The number of people going through MIQ dropped by 30% in 2021 as a series of decisions reduced capacity.