- Appointed 2013. Resignation announced April 2021.
- Led transformational strategic change.
- General manager of PGG Wrightson Seeds Australia from 2010, after being group manager of business development from 2008.
- Worked at McKinsey & Company in New York and Auckland (2003-2008).
- General manager of NZ’s first internet retailing company, FlyingPig.
- In 1998 founded the First Foundation, helping talented but financially disadvantaged secondary school students complete university.
- Author of NZ Unleashed.
- Holds an LLB and BA from Auckland University, and an MBA from Harvard Business School.
Connected People More Connections
Connected Entities More Connections
Discover the public sector and its key players
Discover the investigation
Climate change demands huge and important decisions by central government. Have we learned the right lessons from Think Big? Former energy policy adviser John Boshier's new book, Power Surge, traverses those times.
The government was about to dive into a $600m plan for a new improved MIQ but its border reopening plan has seen the project put on hold for now.
The Commerce Commission came in for a drubbing from the top tier firms that completed the NZ Initiative's survey, but the Reserve Bank improved.
Is New Zealand so fearful of offending China that we cannot voice our support for Taiwan's involvement in WHO affairs, asks former top diplomat.
Four crises have been inherited from preceding governments, but will they be addressed by changes to the health system that have been rushed and inadequately thought out?
NZ is one of the least efficient high-income countries at delivering infrastructure – just look at light rail.