Deputy chief executive and deputy secretary, budget and public investment
- Appointed April 2020.
- Previously acting secretary of the Treasury.
- First joined the Treasury in 1987 and returned in 2016 as deputy secretary budget and public services.
- More than 30 years’ experience in finance and public sector management and has worked with the IMF and World Bank.
- Public service experience includes at the Ministry of Education and Inland Revenue.
- Has held advisory roles in the Office of the Minister of Finance and at the World Bank in Washington DC.
CareerThe Treasury / Te Tai Ōhanga
Connected People More Connections
Connected Entities More Connections
Discover the public sector and its key players
Discover the investigation
NZ is one of the least efficient high-income countries at delivering infrastructure – just look at light rail.
Ashley Bloomfield is stepping down as the omicron outbreak starts to fade and ahead of major health system reform implementation.
The government doesn't have the in-house capacity for a reform programme as big as three waters.
The Ministry for Primary Industries is making 1,000 fewer annual inspections, but GPS tracking makes them more targeted.
Meet the man trailing the money on the country's largest fraud cases.
The number of people going through MIQ dropped by 30% in 2021 as a series of decisions reduced capacity.