- Appointed March 2020.
- Energy sector experience in both NZ and Australia.
- Most recently CEO at Trustpower and, prior to that, CEO of Hydro Tasmania.
- Led both the generation and retail divisions at Genesis Energy.
- Oversaw the demerger of Tilt Renewables from Trustpower and is now a director of Tilt Renewables.
- Career began at the Huntly power station.
- Qualified as a mining engineer working in UK coal mines, and has an MBA from Waikato University.
Connected People More Connections
Discover the public sector and its key players
Discover the investigation
NZ is one of the least efficient high-income countries at delivering infrastructure – just look at light rail.
Ashley Bloomfield is stepping down as the omicron outbreak starts to fade and ahead of major health system reform implementation.
The government doesn't have the in-house capacity for a reform programme as big as three waters.
The Ministry for Primary Industries is making 1,000 fewer annual inspections, but GPS tracking makes them more targeted.
Meet the man trailing the money on the country's largest fraud cases.
The number of people going through MIQ dropped by 30% in 2021 as a series of decisions reduced capacity.