QIC stays quiet on Powerco speculation

QIC stays quiet on Powerco speculation
Queensland Investment Corporation is reportedly reviewing its stake in electricity lines company Powerco. (Image: NZME)
Oliver Lewis
An Australian investor with a controlling share in one of the biggest electricity lines companies in New Zealand won’t comment on a report saying it’s reviewing its position.Queensland Investment Corporation (QIC) manages funds that own 58% of Powerco, with the remaining 42% owned by funds managed by Dexus, which acquired the former manager of the funds, AMP Capital, last year.Powerco, headquartered in New Plymouth, owns and operates more than 28,000 kilometres of electricity lines and 6,000km of gas pipes, providing energy to more...

More Energy

Uncertainties and cost pressures underpin increasing electricity costs
Law & Regulation

Uncertainties and cost pressures underpin increasing electricity costs

ComCom allows a large increase in costs, but not as much as lines companies want to spend.

Ian Llewellyn 30 May 2024
Gas sector at odds over closing wholesale market
Markets

Gas sector at odds over closing wholesale market

Market only viable option for some gas users says regulator.

Ian Llewellyn 29 May 2024
NZ's only wholesale gas market is to close
Energy

NZ's only wholesale gas market is to close

Transpower says it subsidiary emsTradepoint is not core business.

Ian Llewellyn 27 May 2024
EU-NZ FTA could boost offshore wind and clean energy investment
Infrastructure

EU-NZ FTA could boost offshore wind and clean energy investment

The EU FTA might help offshore wind, but more will be needed, Giacomo Caleffi argues.

Dileepa Fonseka 23 May 2024