Telco fight breaks out over covid-19 'wall of bad debt'
By Pattrick Smellie | Sun, 29 Mar 2020
Monopoly telecommunications infrastructure provider Chorus is coming under intense pressure from retailers Spark, Vodafone, 2degrees and others to shoulder more of the unpaid bills that the sector sees coming at it in coming months.
Business and Economic News Keeping You A Step Ahead
- Discover business news as it breaks - with daily news coverage of New Zealand business.
- Access our growing archive of over 18,000 business and economic stories.
- Set up unlimited instant alerts for sectors, organisations, and people.
- Receive an optional daily digest of all stories published each day.
- Save useful and interesting stories to your dashboard.
- Join BusinessDesk to find out how New Zealand works.
MARKET CLOSE: NZ shares snap three-day rally as investors weigh up lockdown
By Dan Brunskill | Fri, 27 Mar 2020
New Zealand shares snapped a three-day rally in volatile trading, as investors continue to assess the fallout from the level 4 shutdown and as higher bond yields reduce the attraction of companies tha...
Subsidies rolling out fast; some 75%+ of workers at home
By Rebecca Howard | Fri, 27 Mar 2020
The government had already paid around $1.5 billion under the wage subsidy scheme by Thursday and that number has likely already more than doubled as it represented less than half of already approved...
World-class Coverage of New Zealand's Business News
- Business reporting, analysis and commentary from Pattrick Smellie, Paul McBeth, Rebecca Howard, Jenny Ruth, Gavin Evans, Victoria Young and more.
- Over the last 10 years, Business Desk has been behind over 18,000 of New Zealand’s business stories - populating the Business section of every major NZ newspaper.
- Now we've made our growing archive of news accessible online - providing insights and context for your organisation.