- Which play by Shakespeare inspired the Disney musical The Lion King – Hamlet, The Tempest or The Merchant of Venice?
- Australians call it a doona. What is the New Zealand term?
- Name the decade in which the Empire State Building was completed, the first Batman comic appeared and JRR Tolkien’s The Hobbit was published.
- “Hope I die before I get old” is a line from a song by what British rock band?
- An endocrinologist treats problems associated with what: blood vessels, skin or hormones?
- In the US, what word can follow Rust and Bible?
- Which Wairarapa town calls itself Booktown and holds an annual literary festival?
- What is the common ingredient in the dishes frittata, shakshuka and kedgeree?
- What satirical comedy series took its name from the address of a real-life TV studio in New York’s Rockefeller Plaza?
- What distinctive ethnic group comes from the western Pyrenees?
The quiz is sponsored by Hell Pizza. Order yourself a devilishly good pizza today.
Please scroll down for the answers:
ANSWERS: 1. Hamlet; 2. Duvet; 3. The 1930s; 4. The Who; 5. Hormones; 6. Belt; 7. Featherston; 8. Eggs; 9. 30 Rock; 10. The Basques.