Abano faces takeover bid after rejecting unsolicited offer

Tue, 06 Aug 2013

By Paul McBeth Aug 7 (BusinessDesk) - Abano Healthcare, which last week reported a 75 percent jump in annual profit, faces a takeover bid after turning down an offer north of its current $100.2 million market price from an unnamed party alongside director Peter Hutson. The Auckland-based company received and rejected an unsolicited non-binding indicative offer from a third party seeking to invest and operate in the Australasian dental sector, the company said in a statement. The proposal was presented in conjunction with Hutson, who owns abo...
Election 2020
ELECTION 2020: Boag quits Nats; confirms more patient leaks
Victoria Young | Fri, 10 Jul 2020

Long time National Party member Michelle Boag has quit the organisation and admitted she sent patient details to opposition immigration spokesperson Michael Woodhouse.Woodhouse, in a statement, said h...

Primary Sector
Emissions, water settings will put brakes on export plans - economists
Brent Melville | Fri, 10 Jul 2020

Greenhouse gas commitments and freshwater settings have tempered New Zealand’s export goals for the next decade, which would otherwise be a whole lot more ambitious, economists say. The government'...

Markets
MARKET OPEN: Smelter impact may linger over local market; dour Wall St won't help
Rebecca Howard | Fri, 10 Jul 2020

New Zealand investors may continue to bail out of electricity generator-retailers after news the Tiwai Point smelter will be closed in just over a year, and a mixed night on Wall Street won’t help sen...

The role of private equity in the wake of COVID-19

As local covid-19 restrictions ease, a new business cycle is beginning in New Zealand.

Sponsored: What’s next for the future of the office?

Think everyone is going to keep working from home? No so fast, says Milford Asset Management.