Nestlé to sell Egmont Honey less than two years after buying it

Nestlé to sell Egmont Honey less than two years after buying it
Nestlé owns 75% of Egmont Honey with the other 25% owned by CEO and founder James Annabelle (Image: NZME)
Greg Hurrell
Swiss giant Nestlé has confirmed it is selling mānuka honey producer Egmont Honey, less than two years after acquiring it as part of The Better Health Company.It purchased Taranaki-based Egmont Honey alongside GO Healthy and New Zealand Health Manufacturing in the 2022 deal. The Office of Overseas Investment later revealed Nestlé had paid $375m for The Better Health Company.All of Egmont Honey is up for sale. Nestlé owns 75% of Egmont Honey with the other 25% owned by CEO and founder James Annabelle, who declined to comment...

More Primary Sector

Whole milk powder prices fall 2.5%
Primary Sector

Whole milk powder prices fall 2.5%

Skim milk powder prices increased, however.

Dan Mathieson leaving Zespri a much bigger business
Primary Sector

Dan Mathieson leaving Zespri a much bigger business

He’s going to be Driscoll’s president of the Americas.

Fonterra’s consumer business difficult to operate in China, local CEO says
Primary Sector

Fonterra’s consumer business difficult to operate in China, local CEO says

Chinese premier Li Qiang visited Fonterra’s head office in Auckland on Saturday.

Fertiliser battle called off
Primary Sector

Fertiliser battle called off

Marnco has agreed to stop marketing its product as superphosphate.

Riley Kennedy 18 Jun 2024