Welcome to our new daily quiz.
- In the musical West Side Story, what are the names of the two street gangs?
- Which best defines the word calumny: a false statement, a flattering remark or a clumsy attempt at seduction?
- Which sport originated in Scotland: tennis, skeet shooting or golf?
- What female name was mentioned in the titles of hit songs by John Rowles, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Jimi Hendrix and Paul McCartney?
- Waitrose is a British chain of what: hotels, supermarkets or motorway restaurants?
- From what language do we get the words chutney, juggernaut, verandah and dinghy?
- Fill in the missing word in the first line of a poem by T S Eliot: “[…] is the cruellest month”.
- What is the currency of Turkey?
- What 1987 fantasy movie had a soundtrack composed by Mark Knopfler?
- Which Australian city has suburbs named Fyshwick, Deakin, Parkes and Barton?
1. The Jets and the Sharks; 2. A false statement; 3. Golf; 4. Mary (Hush, not a Word to Mary; Proud Mary; The Wind Cries Mary; Mary had a Little Lamb); 5. Supermarkets; 6. Hindi; 7. April; 8. The Turkish lira; 9. The Princess Bride; 10. Canberra.