- The line “Here’s Johnny!”, once judged the scariest film moment of all time, is from what horror movie?
- What was a dirigible?
- Who was taken to Ireland as a slave in the 5th century and later returned there as a bishop?
- Which country has the longest life expectancy: Switzerland, Japan or Iceland?
- What 1990 hit song began with the lines: “It’s been seven hours and 15 days/Since you took your love away”?
- New Zealander Paul Coll is ranked the world’s number one male in what sport?
- What is the Japanese term for a food product that uses fish meat to mimic the flavour of lobster, crab and shellfish?
- The islands known as the Azores are part of what country?
- What three-word slang term describes a gambling machine with a lever on one side?
- Which is New Zealand’s oldest surviving daily newspaper: the Press (Christchurch), the Wanganui Chronicle or the Otago Daily Times?
Please scroll down for the answers:
ANSWERS: 1. The Shining; 2. An airship (zeppelin); 3. St Patrick; 4. Japan; 5. Nothing Compares 2 U; 6. Squash; 7. Surimi; 8. Portugal; 9. One-armed bandit; 10. The Otago Daily Times.