Mark Billinghurst is a professor at the University of Auckland’s Bioengineering Institute and director of the empathic computing laboratory at the University of South Australia in Adelaide. In our feature interview, he paints a mixed future for mixed reality tech.
And Ben and Peter talk about a raft of new research showing that New Zealanders' trust in AI is lower than ever and the increasing pressure for regulation.
Relevant to the episode
- Global views on A.I. in 2023 - Ipsos (pdf)
- Politicians tackling AI regulation - but will it be too late - RNZ
- Immersive medical virtual reality: still a novelty or already a necessity? - Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery & Psychiatry
- Meta Quest 2 – an exciting experience, with downsides - BusinessDesk
- Dead on Arrival? Labour's media lifeline - BusinessDesk
- Mighty Ape swings into mobile with One NZ network deal - BusinessDesk